Ushers are available on Sundays and are located at the entrance for your assistance. Our ushers will invite our members and guests to enter the sanctuary at appropriate times during the service and help maintain order at all times to ensure no disturbances occur during worship.
The mission of this ministry goes far beyond opening a door. The purpose of this ministry is to reflect the Christian dedication of the pastor and all who come to worship. Ushers are one of the most important people in the church because they provide visitors with the first and last impression. In them the hospitality of God is seen.
As an usher, you should:
- Welcome members and visitors up arrival.
- Ensure that all visitors are acknowledged and contact information is properly recorded.
- Invite members and guests to enter the sanctuary at appropriate times during the service.
- Provide bulletins, offering envelopes, church brochures and other materials as needed.
- Ensure God’s sanctuary is always respected.
- Maintain order at all times to ensure no disturbances occur during service “for God is not the author of confusion”.
Ministry Leader: Carl Hagan